Products & Services
Check Hospital Charges
Hospital Rate Increases
Physician Review Information
WHAIC News & Highlights
Data Submitter Information
Products & Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the Wisconsin Hospital Association, WHA Information Center is the respected source for Wisconsin hospital and surgery data. Our timely, complete and accurate data helps hospitals and health systems, consumers, payers and policymakers better understand their communities,
the health care market, and the cost and quality of hospital care in Wisconsin.
- Relational Data Set – this database includes patient-level data containing all
reported diagnoses, procedures and revenue-line detail for Inpatient discharges (including MS-DRG), Outpatient Surgery
episodes, Emergency Department and Observation visits.
Available are Physician-Enhanced and Border-State County Enhanced data.
In November 2012, WHA Information Center released the first public use data set for Other Hospital Outpatient (OHO) Data.
- Fixed-Width Data Set – this data set includes a maximum of nine diagnoses and six procedures for Inpatient (including MS-DRG), Outpatient Surgery, Emergency Department and Observation visits.
An additional option is the Physician-Enhancement in the Fixed-Width Data Set.
- Custom Data Request – WHAIC can run custom reports if you do not want the full data set. Queries could include data for specific regions of the state, select hospitals, or select diagnoses and procedures.
- Certified Health Cost Fee Database for WI Worker's Compensation Program– This database may be used to determine the reasonableness of a health service provider's fee for services under the WI Worker's Compensation Act.
- Annual Survey of Hospitals Data Set – this data contains staffing and utilization data about Wisconsin hospitals.
- Hospital Fiscal Survey Data Set – this data contains fiscal data about Wisconsin hospitals.
Some of the elements include overall revenue and expenses classified by gross patient revenue; deductions from
public and commercial sources, unrestricted assets and liabilities, charity care and bad debt, and gross and net
- Wisconsin DWD Registered Nurse Workforce Data - Aggregate custom reports are available based on the 2010 and 2012 Registered Nurse Workforce Surveys. Content areas include demographics, formal education,
advanced practice nursing, certifications, employment status, career decisions, and current places of employment.
- Guide to Wisconsin Hospitals – provides detailed staffing, utilization, and financial information.
- Hospital Quality Indicator Report – provides information about the quality of care in hospitals.
- Health Care Data Report – provides information on utilization and charges at hospitals.
- Uncompensated Health Care in Wisconsin Hospitals – provides charges for charity care and bad debt and number of
patients receiving uncompensated health care services.
** To download a Product Brochure, please click here.